The SolarSPELL initiative is proud to have students on our team in every step of our projects, from software and hardware design to impact evaluation to building the libraries themselves through content curation. Students have joined our team as research assistants, interns, fellows, volunteers, and through project-based courses. Please see the postings below for our latest opportunities and information on how to apply or enroll. If you are passionate about this initiative but do not see an opportunity below that matches your interests, please email our student engagement coordinator Cassie Barrett at [email protected] with how you would like to be involved!
Opportunities with the SolarSPELL Initiative
Engineering + Computer Science
Library Curation and Management
- Agriculture Content Curation Intern
- Arabic Culture + Education Content Curation Intern
- Digital + Information Literacy Content Curation Intern
- Education + Culture Content Curation Intern
- Gender Equity Content Curation Intern
- Health Content Curation Intern
- Kinyarwanda Agriculture Translator
- Library Metadata Development Intern
- Library Metadata Development Intern – Health
- Library Metadata Development Intern – Middle East Library
- Sustainability + Climate Content Curation Intern
MLIS student positions:
- Digital Collections Specialist
- Digital Agriculture Collections Specialist
- Digital Arabic Collections Specialist
- Digital Health Collections Specialist
Project Research & Data Analysis
Training Course Development
We currently do not have fellowship opportunities available at this time. Please check back in soon!
We currently do not have student worker opportunities available at this time. Please check back in soon!
We are not currently teaching any project-based courses. Please check back in for Fall 2024!
- EGR 317, Humanitarian Engineering Project II
- EGR 598, Engineering in Global Development
We welcome volunteers! Please complete this volunteer interest form so we can determine the best area of contribution for you.
Our project demands and volunteer opportunities change every semester, so you may be contacted in future semesters. Please note, filling out this form does not constitute an internship application. Internship openings are listed in the “Internships” section above. If you do not see an internship opportunity suitable for you, you may fill out the volunteer form in the meantime, although we may not have your ideal role available.
Student opportunities will evolve and grow with the SolarSPELL initiative; please check back for updates!